Watts Bridge Memorial Airfield Queensland is without doubt the premier recreational airfield in South East Queensland. It is located 5nm from the small country township of Toogoolawah in Queensland.
03 / 21
12R / 30L
12L / 30R
27° 05.9 S
152° 27.6 E
129.0 Circuit area
Watts Bridge Airfield Assoc.
0427 699 239
1 – LH side RWY 03, 30
1 – Between 12R and 21
|ASIC Security/Vis Vest|
AVGAS – self serve
MC & Visa only
|Distance to Town|
Toogoolawah 8 KM
The AP is quite isolated.
No transport is available.
Special Procedures and Comments: CTAF 127.3
Noise Abatement Procedures:
1. Pilots are to operate aircraft with minimum audible and visual impact on the community.
2. Circuits or airwork not permitted before 0700 Local (except for arrival and departure).
3. Standard, recommended non-towered joining procedures and circuit altitudes are required.
1. The undershoot area to RWY 12 is being reclaimed and appears serviceable from the air. Gliders may use this area for winch launching. Touchdown should not be made until the piano keys ABM the primary windsock. White cross warning markers are displayed on the unserviceable area.
2. Low-level aerobatic flying takes place to 5000FT in the designated aerobatic box located SE of the airfield. Refer Watts Bridge Neighbourly Map (point 6).
3. Non-radio equipped ultralight, gyrocopters and gliders may be operating from the airfield.
4. Displaced threshold exists on both RWY 21 and RWY 12.
5. Avoid low-level flight over farmhouses.
6. Consult wattsbridge.com.au for fly neighbourly requirements.
7. Intensive skydiving at Toogoolawah, 5NM NW of Watts Bridge.
8. Drainage ditches flank each TWY. Taxi on mown SFC and exit TWY to parking areas by marked access points only.
9. D651 (SFC to 3000FT) centred on Watts Bridge Airfield for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) testing. Contact Insitu Pacific (07) 3613 9400 for details.